image scroller COMMENTS

Jo-an:-
the firefox issue with the flickering backgroun-image of the wrapper div could this be solved if the next or previous <em> receives focus a background of the to be seen part of the panoramic image is layered underneath (like solving IE flicker issues) or if you cut the image in small pieces and preload them would that solve the issue too since you dont use the background-position method but use a seperate image for each one, maybe the clip method could work too?
also discovered when using the aardvark extension for firefox (a javascript favlet i guess, the flicker disappears too)
(15.10.2005, 01:11)

Steve Williams:-
It is a bit weird behaviour wise in Safari, the compressed image shows in the box when the pointer isn't over the 'nav' bar - there's also some weird effect in the nav bar too... I'll post a screen grab if you're interested?
(20.10.2005, 20:37)

Steve, thanks for the feedback. The compressed image should be seen when the pointer is not on the green 'scroll bar'. It is replaced by the panoramic image when the pointer is over the green 'scroll bar', and yes I would like a screen shot of the weird effect.
(20.10.2005, 21:28)

Jo-an, Firefox v1.5 fixes all the flicker and mousewheel scrolling problems.
(30.11.2005, 12:19)

Dave Bodenstab:-
With IE 6 on win XP, I do see flickering as the
image is scrolled; using a network monitor, I see that IE is re-fetching the image for each
scroll position.

My real question: what is the purpose of
'#picture ul {margin:0; padding:0; width:320px; height:30px; list-style-type:none; background:#040 url(../graphics/henge.jpg) no-repeat 0 200px; margin-top:240px;}' specifically, the background attributes 'url' and '0 200px'? I don't see where either 'url' or '0 200px' fits in.
Thanks.
(06.08.2006, 20:56)

Dave, the background attribute url() places the image between the brackets as the background image (in this case it is the full wide image of stonehenge.
no-repeat is fairly obvious in that the image is placed only once in the background.
0 200px is the position of the background image, the first number is the distance from the left left and the second number is the distance from the top.
This sets up the initial position of the scrolling background image and places it out of sight beneath the bottom green band.
(06.08.2006, 21:49)

Billy:-
I just wanted to give praise to somebody that obviously knows and loves his art.

You're a CSS icon, thanks for the lessons!
(15.10.2006, 21:14)

Bill:-
Hey Stu,
How do make the image scroller show up when you print??
(22.11.2006, 05:22)

Bill:-
Thought you might want to see your work in action: knollsofparadisehills.com
(26.12.2006, 03:06)

Steven:-

wonder if you can help?
I am trying to create a two column webpage using css. The LH column is a fixed width with just basic text in - the RH column has an image with text underneath.
I am wanting the RH to work as a percentage width to allow fluidity on the text. However when I resize (reduce) the screen size the RH column moves under my LH column.
I am wanting the RH to remain at the side of the LH (not move under) and bring the scrollbar into play to allow all the image to be seen.

Hope this makes sense - thanks in advance for your help.
(22.06.2007, 14:57)

John:-
I use panoramas a lot and have tried Java, javascript, etc; but yours is by far the cleverest. The only problem is adapting it for different sizes of image (I have a large variety), which I have found to be quite tricky, is there some way of making this easier?
(17.03.2008, 11:19)