lightbox mark 2 COMMENTS

Anonymous Coward:-
This is so cool! Safari doesn't show the big image when the intermediate image is clicked. Anyone out there know why? Thanks!
(31.03.2006, 19:22)

Hi Anonymous Coward, I think that Safari will act the same way as Opera in that you will need to hold down the mouse button to display the large image. ;active is only active whilst the button is held.
(31.03.2006, 19:40)

Anonymous Coward:-
No, when I hold down the mouse button it just turns a little grey on the border, but no larger image comes up. (Safari 2.0.3 OSX.4.5) Any thoughts on how to look at debugging this?

I see Firefox 1.5 works right.
(31.03.2006, 19:59)

Anonym:-
Wow. I fixed it for Safari so now it works like you describe it - click and hold to see the large image.

I changed this:
/* give the link focus/active state a relative position and remove the focus/active border so that it doesn't spoil the large image */
/* active for Opera and Focus for Firefox */
.menu2 ul li:hover ul li a:active, .menu2 ul li:hover ul li a:focus {

to this:
.menu2 ul li:hover ul li a:active img, .menu2 ul li:hover ul li a:focus img

it seems that adding the img makes it work for Safari. And it doesn't break Firefox or IE6 in my limited testing. YMMV.
(31.03.2006, 20:48)

Anonymous Coward:-
oops... you only need the extra img for the active pseudoclass

.menu2 ul li:hover ul li a:active img, .menu2 ul li:hover ul li a:focus

If you add it to both active and focus, you'll get flickering large images as you roll off them.
(31.03.2006, 20:59)

Try it now...
(31.03.2006, 21:08)

BuzzKill:-
This really is wonderful!

Is there a possibility of including a next/back link or button so once an image has been selected one could simply continue browsing through the category (current tab) in the large image mode?
(31.03.2006, 23:15)

Buzzkill, that could be done with javascript, but may be possible with css and extra markup.
(31.03.2006, 23:18)