lightbox mark 3 COMMENTS

Roo, can you email me the url of your page. I may be able to spot the problem. It will have to be tomorrow though as it's midnight here and I'm off to bed after a 14 hour working day.
(22.04.2006, 00:00)

Roo:-
Oooh, and I just copied the validation tags from this page (should have thought of that before, sleepy) but to no avail.

Ah-ha, it works in IE7 (gosh it's ugly) beta 2!!

Although the CSS layer I'm using is still shifted towards the top of the browser window, which isn't your concern I suppose :)

And I've just fixed that, still no joy in IE6 though.
(22.04.2006, 00:06)

Roo:-
Will do, off to bed myself, weary boy.

Erm.. Sleep tight.
(22.04.2006, 00:07)

Anonym:-
great work on you css code.
I have been trying to do something similar but I have been unable to get my medium sized images to hover over the smaller ones. Even when I copy your code they a still under half the smaller pictures
(26.04.2006, 00:19)

Wolfgang:-
Congratulations to photo gallery Mk 3.
I've edited this gallery in such a way that an additional descriptive text is displayed immediately right of the big image. I think this enhancement makes it more useable.
I want to use it for my private art-gallery and therefore i ask for your permission to do so. If you can give the permission I will donate, a back-link to your site is already present. Please have a peek and visit my (at this stage unofficial and hidden) gallery at "members.holba.at/wolfgang/bilder_n/aktuell.html"
Recent art-homepage is at "members.holba.at/wolfgang/bilder/".
I'm a evening artist and hope to attract the eyes of future visitors with this gallery.
best regards
Wolfgang Holba
ps: There are 2 small mistakes in your files:
1)In lightbox3.css you define "font-family:verdana, arail, sans-serif;" which should be " verdana, ARIAL, sans-serif;". 2)At bottom of the HTML-file you noted "<div class="clear">&nbsp;</div>" , but there is no declaration in any of the css-files...
pps: If you could give me a hint, how i'm able to center the small images in ie I would be deeply grateful.
(30.04.2006, 15:20)

Wolfgang, you have my permission.
The centering of the small images in ie is all down to the values of width and padding in the
.menu ul li:hover ul li style.
decrease the width and increase the padding.
It may require a hack to serve this up to ie as it may affect other browsers and also the large popup image.
(30.04.2006, 17:12)

randsco.com:-
Thanks! The CSS in your gallery helped me to overcome a problem I was having with z-index for hovered elements in IE.

www.randsco.com/index.php/2005/09/11/changing_z_index_on_hover

Ultimately, it inspired a more robust, 3rd version of my "Photo-caption Zoom" (PZ3).

www.randsco.com/index.php/2006/04/10/photo_caption_zoom_version_3

Cheers,

stk
(10.05.2006, 21:10)

randsco.com it took me a little while to figure out the answer to this problem and I am glad that it helped you with your photo-caption-zoom project.
(10.05.2006, 22:05)

Scissor:-
I'm going to use this type of gallery for my personal web site. Your works are excellent!
Your work will be credited, of course!
(15.05.2006, 12:02)

Cal:-
This gallery is great! A nice addition would be a link/arrow at the bottom of the big picture frame to the next big picture so you could scan all big pictures without going back to the small images. How/where could that be done?
(23.05.2006, 16:18)