lightbox COMMENTS

Nicoleta:-
I saw your nice example of a photo gallery. I am a beginner in webdesign and I would like to know whether it is possible, just using CSS + XHTML (without Javascript), to create a photo gallery where one uses 'Prev', 'Next' buttons to browse through available photos. If yes, could you please send some code ? Thank you in advance for your time! Sincerely, Nicoleta
(23.04.2007, 23:30)

Patrick:-
Stu,

I stumbled onto your site while browsing and I am impressed with everything. As a beginning web designer, I am totally in love with CSS and its capabilities. I have a question regarding this particular demo:

Cross Browser Multi-Page Photograph Gallery posted 30th March 2006

What do I need to add or change to have the entire box remain open rather than appearing only when I :hover over the links. I wnat to use this for my families web site to display family pictures and such. I am definitely putting your sites in my favorites.

Thanks Stu.
(06.05.2007, 15:52)

Olivia:-
Hi there,
I was researching a way to create a gllery without using a database driven gallery with all the coponents.
I found that the demo: "Cross Browser Multi-Page Photograph Gallery" a good solution. My only question: is there a way to put a "back to gallery" link? Because, when you click on the image, it pops up in its own page. Is there a way to just put a link back to the gallery?

My email: Soychi509@aol.com ---- just in case I don't have chance to stop by the site to check up a response...
(14.05.2007, 04:03)

Olivia, instead of having a link to the image, have a link to a page containing the image and a 'back' link. But you can also use the browser 'back' button.
(05.10.2007, 10:15)

Steve:-
It's a beautiful script. I think you must be a genius. However, I can't get my images to appear!
What is the file path to the images relative to the script. I know this should be easy - sorry.
(04.02.2008, 18:28)

Suzanne:-
I LOVE this script, but tried to put it to use on my site (non-profit company I'm setting up) and was told it's not working in internet explorer. I tried to modify to use as a product listing page.
I know my code is VERY messy - but would love it if you could take a look and tell me what to do to help?
www.savingart.ca/Products
(07.02.2008, 14:08)

Suzanne, the first thing you need to do is use a standards compliant doctype. See my home page or the FAQs page for a link to a list to choose from on w3.org
(07.02.2008, 14:33)

Suzanne:-
Hi, Stu - Thanks for the quick response! and ... Wow - I feel like a complete novice (which I am!). I'm on the page w3.org site - which one should I use, to rectify the problem?? and Do I just copy the code and paste on top of my html page?
(07.02.2008, 14:45)

Suzanne, use the basic html4.01 transitional to start with. Just copy the code and place it at the top of your web pages.
(07.02.2008, 18:19)

Suzanne:-
Thanks, that worked great! Much appreciated.
(08.02.2008, 01:08)