nDLRt tutorial COMMENTS

Benoit, if this is the case then I would say that Firefox Deer Park alpha 2 is wrong to do this. The basis of this method is that the actual link (which carries the dotted border) is reduced to zero size so no border is visible. The containing element is given a position:absolute which takes it out of the normal flow of the document and hence have no link associated border. This is certainly the case with FF v1.5, IE, Netscape, Mozilla and Safari.
(28.01.2006, 21:09)

Benoit:-
Stu, everything is ok using FF v1.5 (WinXP), that's why i am surprised with the coming version...FYI i also gave a try to IE7 (beta1) and the dotted border NEVER shows...strange isnt'it ?
(29.01.2006, 11:05)

Benoit, is Deer Park alpha 2 the latest version of FF? I thought the latest was just 1.6a1
(29.01.2006, 11:22)

Benoit, also IE has a problem with the dotted border. With mouse clicks sometimes it shows and sometimes it doesnt. However if you use tabbing to navigate, it will show.
(29.01.2006, 11:24)

Benoit:-
Stu, thanks for the tip for IE, it also works for IE7. And Deer Park alpha 2 is the actual name for 1.6a1 ;-)
Regards
(29.01.2006, 12:57)

Benoit, strange name for a 1.6 alpha 1 ??? I thought that Deer Park alpha 2 for a fore runner of 1.5
(29.01.2006, 13:32)

Benoit:-
Stu, i agree with you, the name is badly chosen, but i remember that this is due to a change in their roadmap, and v1.5 is in reality v1.1 with more features as expected...Well, let's suppose that DP alpha1 was a pre1.1/1.1 and DP alpha2 is a pre 1.6/2.0
(read this one, a few days after yours ;-) : http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=6995 ...gives some headache)
(29.01.2006, 14:42)

Benoit, as clear as mud lol ;o)
(29.01.2006, 15:36)

Benoit, FF understands outline:0; and it is valid css so that should fix it if necessary. I have added this to the css for this demo so maybe you could check if it is now ok.
Thanks
(29.01.2006, 16:33)

Benoit:-
Stu, you're the best ;-) it works fine now.
(29.01.2006, 20:37)