non floating menus comments

Welcome to my comments pages - POST A COMMENT

Warren:-
Broken in IE7 :(

Shows as wide vertical bars
(29.09.2006, 08:46)

Reid Young:-
I got a similar kind of menus working in IE6, IE7, Safari, Camino, and Firefox (Mac/Win). The CSS isn't perfectly beautiful, but after about 20 hours of work, the menu sure looks and resizes nicely :)

www.homesofchoice.net
(13.10.2006, 08:30)

bogdan:-
Warren you are right ... this menu is not working in IE7 :(
(05.11.2006, 23:55)

IE7 fixed the bug that makes this work in IE6 but has not added the style that makes this work in Firefox etc. So this method is not suitable for IE7 ..... yet. Still working on an alternative.
(06.11.2006, 07:53)

Tom:-
Stu, how do you make li items display inline across pages?

For a horizontal website I'm using li's and it puts a line break in instead of going horizontally. I used li {display: inline; float:left;} and it doesn't work?

Is it possible to stop the li's from breaking?
(28.01.2007, 12:45)

Carol:-
Thank you so much, I have spent days trying to sort out my horizontal navigation so that it displays properly in IE6 (it was fine in everything else). You provided me with a line of code that fixed my problem ( white-space: nowrap).
(06.09.2007, 11:05)

daaaaaaamnShame:-
Nice ...but how useful is it to release sthg that doesn't work in IE?
I suggest you separate projects that are not finished into a separate section and not mix them with 100% operational ones... would save us a LOT of time.
(30.06.2008, 12:30)

This does work in IE6. It was produced before IE7 came out. There is a note in the instructions to this effect. I am still looking for an IE7 answer.
(30.06.2008, 14:54)

ixpack:-
change your browsers. Hey RESPECT for author good job - you r doing something. if i will use any script on my pages i will donate.
(26.09.2008, 22:50)

ixpack:-
and hey ppl use your own heads and upgrade his work lol
(26.09.2008, 22:52)

10 of 39 comments (part 1). [ » ] [ * ]

Please Support CSS play

Please note that if your donation is for a demo/menu then you will need to email me with the url of the demo/menu after making the donation

For more CSS demonstrations I recommend that you visit the Dynamic Drive CSS Library.

Free, practical CSS menus, layouts, and examples

Soft Geometry Creative Industries

Soft Geometry Creative Industries
is a music-based design company located in Bristol UK.
I create artwork for albums, singles, posters and t-shirts.
My work is influenced by punk and post-punk poster and flyer design,
lo-fi photocopy aesthetics,
Francis Bacon and Mark Rothko.

I can provide a start to finish service with my own art and photography, put together work from images provided by yourself, and collaborate on an idea.
softgeometrycreative{at}gmail.com