partial opacity COMMENTS

sgunhouse:-
The method which doesn't work in Opera ... works in Opera 9. Has since last October, but 9 is still an early test version.
(01.04.2006, 02:56)

GreLI:-
It is workink in Opera 9 Final version.
(02.07.2006, 21:22)

Ben:-
I am impressed. You, sir, are an artist.
(07.07.2006, 21:10)

Geert Baven:-
hi Stu, You can conyinue to amaze e by your talent. i try to combine opacity (method 1) with snazzy borders but so far no success. Can you give me a clue?
(26.11.2006, 10:26)

Geert Baven:-
Okay, I finally did manage to combine snazzy borders with background opacity. I added the opacity rules to the x.top, bottom and xboxcontentclasses and it works!
(26.11.2006, 19:22)

Cindy:-
This is a great site - will definately keep coming back for more!

Just a quick question if anyone can answer it - am experimenting with Opacity style number 1, and can't for the life of me get the opaque bar to go across the bottom of the image. Can someone give me a pointer?

Thanks! :-)
(21.12.2006, 03:21)

J. Conrad:-
I am trying your opacity method one for a website I am starting. I applied it to individual cells in tables and work fine, except that the text in the cell becomes transparent together with the background.

Is it possible to have the background semi transparent but handle the text independently so the text itself will not show transparency?

I tried some things like adding an extra table in the cel and placingt text in this table but it gets the transparency from behind anyway.

Thanks a lot for any advise!

JC
(17.03.2007, 08:02)

J. Conrad:-
Hi again,

I just realized, dummy me! that you already had worked this around only that in my haste I did not read all the way down! I will try it now.

Thanks lots!

JC
(17.03.2007, 08:25)

Susan McHugh:-
Regarding the Mad Hatter Tea Party drawing -- is this copyrighted? i would like to use it to embellish a cover of a document. This is a consulting company. Where does the image come from? Thank you.
p.s. This is only for document, not for website opacity.
(04.03.2009, 22:29)

RafaelD:-
Stu,
I am using your tooltips in the opacity example 1, but cannot get the tooltip to extend beyond the borders of the opacity, to overlap the image, even using z-index hierarchy. I am stumped. Outside of positioning the whole tip to fall within the opaque layer, is there a way to allow it to come to the top and overlap the edge?
(08.02.2010, 20:32)