photo gallery v2 COMMENTS

Dave:-
Everything seems ok with this until i move the Style code into a separate CSS, at this point the default image does not show, I've read through all the comments and it appears it is mentioned a couple of times but no real answer. Please help I really like this sample.
(20.09.2007, 23:49)

kim:-
hey stu im a rookie with the whole web site thing.i have a photography web site.
this side scroller is a dream come true.
can i import this to my web site ?
or do you know how i can buy this software.
killersites.com is my web server. there customer
service people dont have a clue
any help would be great thanks for your time
if any one can help me please e mail photofixco@tampabay.rr.com
(10.10.2007, 20:09)

grammy:-
I would like to use your Photo Gallery MK.2 to display various products across many pages. Each page would be a different category of products, requiring a different set of photos. Would I have to change the css for each of the slides for each page (corresponding to the image sources for those pages)? Or, is there a way to use an external css to simplify these changes? I'm still rather new at css, but I'm learning more now that I've discovered this site! Excellent work!
(14.11.2007, 21:42)

grammy, the CSS should be held in two external files. One for IE7 and non-IE browsers, the other for IE6 (loaded using conditional comments).
You will need to have all the thumbnails styled in the CSS for all the pages and then the html would be identical on each page except for the large image files and the <a class="gallery slidea" etc would need to reference the correct thumnails.
(14.11.2007, 22:14)

Karina:-
I'm trying to use your gallery in a site I have.But when I insert the code in the page the links placed from the scrollbar to the top of the page donôt work no more (the navigation bar and an aux. submenu)
if I change the #pad height value and put it on top of the page it works fine, but I dont need the scroll gallery up there :S

Could you please, please, tell me what am I doing wrong with your code?
(21.11.2007, 12:28)

Vanessa:-
Hello Stu,
your work is a treasure! Thank you very much! I like the Scrolling Photo Gallery very much and I'm going to use it but I'd like to have the thumbs at the top.Do you have any ideas how to do that? Thank you very much for your effort!
(26.11.2007, 22:02)

Terry:-
Stu,
Looks like the last post is from 2007 so I'm not sure you're still taking questions, so here it goes:
I am not by any means a novice, on the contrary, I'm quite fluent in HTML and CSS, but, here's my problem: I downloaded the MK 2 page, and stripped the code for the scrolling gallery. The problem is that the thumbnails don't show up. Everything else works beautifully. It's just that the thumbnails don't show up. Even when I leave the downloaded
page intact (the mark up is untouched) they still won't show! Any ideas?
(I'm using FireFox 2.0 and IE6 to view)
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!
(06.06.2008, 05:47)

Terry, check that you have the path to the thumbnails relative to the css file.
(06.06.2008, 08:00)

Sandy:-
Ok, after playing with this for 2 days I've got it all set up with percentage widths for viewing on any size browser, and it is centered correctly! My only problem now is the hover image is not consistent over the background image .. each picture opens further to the right...here is the page:
www.ficarradesignassociates.com/portfolio4.htm
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
(18.12.2008, 17:49)

Nancy:-

I like how this is looking in my site-just have a problem with the first thumb not showing up in certain browsers-IE.

flyingwong.com/photos.html