photo gallery v2 COMMENTS

The left:-99999px; is used to place the full size images off the screen. This is the only way I found to make IE7 and IE6 work. Using display:none; or visibility:hidden; does not quite work with both :hover and :active/:focus.
(08.10.2006, 15:52)

Powermic:-
Some problems with image placing while aftre scrolling in Opera
(20.10.2006, 16:48)

Powermic, I do not claim that this one works in Opera, and as you have found out, it doesn't.
(20.10.2006, 17:35)

Lee:-
Hey Stu, great work! I'm trying to get this to work, so I can also link the text to another page, separate from the thumbs. I'd like the thumbs to be able to hold focus, and then either click full-sized image or text to go to a full story. any ideas? thanks! Lee
(27.10.2006, 00:04)

Zipotron:-
HI, i would like to generate a list of link with the names of the thumbnails as a combo like drop down and the link must activate the big photo corresponding to the link. It's this posible?
(04.11.2006, 04:47)

Zipotron:-
Hi again, i have thinking of what i had writen and i'm not shure you can understand me without the context, than here it is: projet.awardspace.com/produits.php?langue=eng
The thing is i found a script to dynamicaly change a combobox if the user click on a tab here: www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/multicombo.shtml
but i must place the combobox on the top (to have a list of model 'cause over on everyone it's a pain), can i still use it to change the big picture? or i have to place it near the scrollbox?

Thank !
(06.11.2006, 17:35)

Zipotron, the only way that this would be possible is to use a dropdown menu similar to www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/drop_definition.html which could be populated in the same way as a combo box.
This would then link to the image required.
(06.11.2006, 17:49)

Mike:-
firstly, thank you for a truly inspiring site...awesome

my question is can the load order be changed. it loads the large images first and THEN the thumbnails... hence if you have a big gallery it takes ages to load the thumbnails.

any way to get thumbnails first ????
(07.11.2006, 05:26)

Zipotron:-
Thank Stu, than if the list of item in the dropdown menu is big can it have a scrollbar in it like a combobox?
(09.11.2006, 07:49)

Bruno:-
great page and great examples.
Question of a CSS newbie: I changed the size of the thumbnails and of the hovered images and took some paddings out to save space - everything works fine.
But I have problems with the fixed / clicked image. Hover right: hovered images change accordingly, text overlays text of fixed image. Hover left: fixed image stays in the box, text overlays text of fixed image.
I can´t find the solution - can you help please?
(07.12.2006, 11:13)