photo gallery v2 COMMENTS

Tim, I have not tested any of my demos in IE7 so cannot comment on this one yet. BTW does IE7 RC1 overwrite IE6 or can they exist together?
(28.08.2006, 22:42)

Lord Arse:-
IE7 overwrites IE6 but it can be uninstalled leaving IE6 intact.
(04.09.2006, 01:31)

charlotte payan-salcedo:-
FYI Stu- you copy the graphics and then you go into the code and take the file path and put it in the browser window. i just hacked your whole site.
(04.09.2006, 06:54)

Daryn:-
I have created a gallery simmilar to yours, but I have the thumbnails to the left of the photo, stacked vertically. It works great, except when I scroll through the thumbnails, the photo scrolls also. Is there a way to fix the photo on the page?
(13.09.2006, 05:19)

IE7 RC1 has a problem with this one. I think it needs a trigger to display the large image.
If you click one of the thumbnails then click the IE7 'previous' button to take you back to a previous page, then click the IE7 'next' button to bring you back to the gallery you will find your selected image displayed.
This needs further investigation.
(26.09.2006, 10:40)

A fix for IE7 coming soon.....
(26.09.2006, 15:57)

IE7 fixed
(27.09.2006, 10:00)

Esben:-
Thanks for a great and inspiring site!
I've got a small problem, though. This gallery only (almost) works when I remove "Transitional" and start the code with <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 //EN">. But that interferes with table cell sizes in IE6. In Firefox the cells are ok, but instead the large images aren't top aligned in the cell as they should be. How do I fix this?
(27.09.2006, 10:05)

Esben, you will need a 'standards compliant' doctype for this to work. Removing the 'Transitional' throws IE into 'quirks mode' with the faulty box model.
For a list of acceptable doctypes see the w3.org web site (search for 'doctype')
(27.09.2006, 14:38)

Tomas - IWD:-
hi Stu,
An avid fan of yours here again. What exactly are you changing for IE7? I'm looking at the code, I've styled the gallery so that the scrollbox is now to the left and the picture is to the right.can send you the link if you want.
I've checked on IE7 and I got it working.
I've left your code:
a.gallery span {display:block; position:absolute; width:402px; height:280px; top:0px; left:-99999px;z-index:100;}

can you explain why you use left:-9999px?
(06.10.2006, 11:53)