pointer menu COMMENTS

Zeerus:-
I like it. Great job Stu, though I've seen something similar before. Though it was probably with images or Flash.
(22.07.2005, 20:13)

I think that I have seen this idea somewhere but done with javascript and images. Can't think where though.
(22.07.2005, 21:14)

Sven Glazenburg:-
Thanks again for your solution, Stu. To finish of the tab component, is there a CSS only way (so without javascript) to actually show a tab (with the content I mean) when clicking one of the tab-menu-items? Right now I have to use javascript to deselect the previously checked tabmenuitem and select the current one, and to hide the actual current tab (content) and show the selected tab (content). I could do a reload of the page and have it select the correct tab that way, but I don't want a round-trip to the server. I hope you can help me again!
(22.07.2005, 22:31)

The only way css can keep a tab selected is by using :active (for IE) and :focus (other browsers) but this will cancel as soon as the mouse is clicked elsewhere. The easiest way if you don't want to use javascript is to go to another page and have a 'selected' style. How are you loading the selected content into the page?
(23.07.2005, 16:34)

Sven Glazenburg:-
Too bad, that's what I already thought... The content is a form with input- and select-elements spread over 4 or more tabs, so I don't want to do a post everytime I switch tabs. I'll keep my javascript, since it allows me to switch tabs without reloading the page. Thanks anyhow.
(23.07.2005, 18:53)

Millimeter:-
Kudos onproducing some amazing stuff. Just a thought, the default hand pointer over links covers the pointer you have added much of the time. Perhaps if the pointer was over the link rather than beneath...

Thanx for letting me steal your code.
(31.10.2005, 06:14)

Martin:-
There's an error in XHTML section:
<ul id="menu">
should be <ul class="menu">
(18.11.2005, 18:58)

Martin, thanks for that. Now corrected.
(18.11.2005, 19:12)

ertert:-
ertertert
(26.11.2005, 23:56)

Steve:-
brilliantly simple and effective, just one question, how can I get it to center on a page. I tried all sorts of stuff (container div, text-align, marign-left:auto;margi-right: auto) but to no effect. Any ideas suggestions?
(20.12.2005, 14:18)