position fixed COMMENTS

Phil:-
Is there anyway to achieve this in firefox?
(27.12.2009, 09:41)

Dominic Watson:-
You're saying that this is a fix for IE6 fixed but your fixed menu doesn't actually work :D
(20.08.2010, 14:14)

This does work in IE6.
Are you testing using a standalone version of IE6 on the same PC as IE7 or IE8? If so then there is a flaw in this where IE6 thinks it is the latest version on the PC and gets the wrong stylesheet.
You should test using a full version of IE6.
(20.08.2010, 14:40)

eric:-
after hard try n error--->wont work with xajax, cause of script-tags b4 DOCTYPE
(25.08.2010, 13:14)

Narendra:-
Hello

Its really nice but not work perfectly in ie6.

i use some menu at top but its not perfect fixed and show some reflection at bottom of body
(28.09.2010, 09:03)

yi:-
Hey Stu,

Great demo and really helped me get going. However, open up your page in IE6 and start resizing its width. Your scrollbar will disappear.

Well, to get it back, I tried changing the CSS for body from overflow-y:auto to overflow:auto. Looks good at first, but try hovering over a link of some kind. IE6 strikes again with a nasty bug I've never seen before as your window mysteriously starts shrinking.

The solution, finally, is to nest everything you have into another container directly under body, in the case of your demo div#page, and give overflow:auto to this element instead. The shrink bug disappears and you still have your scrollbars no matter the window size. Huzzah.
(22.10.2010, 01:49)

yi:-
Another tip for those getting two scrollbars, make sure you have html { overflow:hidden; }
(22.10.2010, 01:52)

James:-
I owe you big time for this!!! I have been trying to figure out how to code this for ages. If ever you need a pianist for a wedding........ (pianodj.co.uk)
(12.05.2011, 10:34)

Another James:-
Brilliant!
Also works with overflow-x: auto;
(15.06.2011, 14:11)