position fixed COMMENTS

max, not in my version of IE6.
Just one scroll bar.
(03.10.2007, 13:23)

IE7 has two scroll bars but that can be fixed by changing the extra styling for IE6 to include IE7. I will do this tonight.
(04.10.2007, 09:10)

maik:-
hi stu :)

your "position:fixed"-hack is absolutely amazing, but it seems that the "conditional comment" haven't to include ie7, otherwise the page-content can't scroll.

<!--[if lt IE 7]> ... <![endif]--> runs in ie7 perfect.

greetings from germany,
maik
(07.10.2007, 08:28)

maik, this is odd. I had just changed this to include IE7. I have two versions of IE7, one showed two scroll bars. I have changed this back to how it was and it is ok on my home laptop running IE7 on Vista.
(07.10.2007, 09:27)

maik:-
thanx for your answer, stu ;)

i've checked your example-page with ie7 on winXP, and the page can't scrolled, because the vertical scrollbar is missed. (???)

when i change the CC-operator from "lte 7" to "lt 7" the y-scrollbar appear.

best regards,
maik
(07.10.2007, 10:36)

diane:-
hi there, can you tell me if you have a tutorial on show and hide boxes? i want my text to show but with a button at the bottom that says "more details" and when someone clicks it i want it to say "hide details" so they can go on the next box..is this possible?
many thanks, love your site...
(08.10.2007, 16:46)

Tracy Ligon:-
Thanks for the information, it is outstanding, I do apprechiate the work you do.

I did find quite by accident that if you do not declare the
DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
The menu will not stay fixed! Interesting ain't it? I just "love" IE ;)

Thanks again
(18.10.2007, 04:53)

XaBi:-
Thank you...but i had some problems in IE too.
(04.01.2008, 17:19)

sonny:-
Yes very right tracy, the doctype needs to be declared for this to work in IE
(24.01.2008, 09:53)

guenter:-
I've read the comments here searching for a possible solution to a centered layout where the left position can be flexible... it seems there's no solution, is it? My client likes a fixed search form he had seen on a 4.1. transitional site, left oriented (and realized with javascript), and would like to have on his new site, which is centered. It's hard to say to him: New browsers, new standards, no solution to this ... If there's an idea it I would be glad to hear it :-)
(23.02.2008, 14:20)