position fixed COMMENTS

Anonym:-
I have been looking for a solution to the ie6 fixed position problem for a while now and have to say this is the dogs cahooners! Magic fix, Stu deserves a congressional medal of honor if he's american or a nighthood if he's british. Or whatever other honour that can be given to him.
(15.07.2006, 04:37)

Greg:-
This seems to work great for IE6. One problem is that my script "window.scrollTo(0,0)" will not work. Any ideas?

I guess this is because the window has no scroll bar anymore, the scroll bar you see is created and the main one hidden right?
(30.09.2006, 02:37)

xet7:-
Hi,
on my pages using this hack, it works for IE7 when I change it to use it for all IE versions (or upto IE7):
<!--[if IE]>
#adsie {position:absolute; top:10px; left:0;}
/*]]>*/
</style>
<![endif]-->
(08.11.2006, 10:13)

andrew:-
you are a winner and a legend.
thankyou.
it still took me days to work out that the xml header <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
puts IE into quirks mode (bad),
and that you can't even have a background image fixed in the not-fixed part of the page,
and you can't have z-indexes on the non-fixed parts either (because z-indexes only work on positioned objects).
But i overcame those troubles, and you showed the way.
it's coming together at jigzag.com/index.php
(12.12.2006, 12:12)

ady:-
You the man! No, you the man! :) I love this hack, it's absolutely brilliant. Thank God for people like you. Keep up the good work! It's nice to know that when there's a bug, there's also smb who knows how to fix it. Thanks!
(22.02.2007, 20:09)

Ejaz Asi:-
I wonder if one can make the links in the static header or nav load the content in the content section without reloading the entire page. Would that be AJAX like example or we only have traditional frames to work with for this particular need?
(28.02.2007, 19:22)

j:-
will this work with a centered layout (where the page remains centered when the browser is re-sized.)

curious... because i have a tab on the left of my page that uses this absolute hack but it does not move with the rest of the page.

j
(02.04.2007, 08:31)

THE DREAMSMITHY:-
CONGRATS MAN! Now, how we can use this hack in print media type sheet? Can yoou help me?
(04.05.2007, 18:36)

Bob:-
Stu, I cannot for the life of me get this to work on users.rcn.com/rtberg/Adam/animag1.htm, and it's making me buggy. I have tried everything--the overflow, the 100%, the * html, getting rid of the one "position:relative" in my CSS--and it just won't work on IE6. Can you tell me what's wrong? I would be most grateful, as we'd like this to be available to as many people as possible, and the fixed ToC makes a big difference. Thank you.
(02.09.2007, 05:54)