s7u COMMENTS

John:-
I love the site. It seems that i can not copy top.gif, top2.gif etc. from the information ballon pop-ups, i can only copy the bottom.gif, bottom2.gif etc. What should i do?
thanks again
(12.07.2006, 16:17)

John, if you look at the css file you will find the urls for all the images.
(13.07.2006, 12:19)

All, I am in the middle of a site redesign, so may not have the time to answer all the questions posted.
(13.07.2006, 12:20)

Jaqui:-
Stu,
< ? xml version="1.0" ? > as the very first line in a page makes most other IE specific coding un-needed. :)
[ By first, I mean even before the doctype declaration ]

I was playing around with a variation of the "fixed" css styling and IE wouldn't play nice with it. By adding that one line, IE played nice, even older versions will render it with that line.

I testing the flyout dropdown css after removing the ie specific code you have, and it worked.
(13.07.2006, 14:11)

Jaqui, if you add any line before the doctype then IE will be switched into quirks mode and IE6 will act the same as IE5.x with the faulty box model.
For IE6 to use standards compliant mode then the doctype MUST be the first line.
(13.07.2006, 15:19)

Elliot:-

Can you suggest any good books on CSS?
e.g. I want to understand how to do layout in css ; right now, I only know how to do layout in tables.

Thanks, Elliot
(18.07.2006, 09:19)

Hi Elliot, I don't posses any books on CSS so cannot really advise. I have downloaded the CSS specifications form w3c.org and use these for all my information.
The rest I get from the web.
Perhaps other visitors can advise you.
(18.07.2006, 09:32)

tas:-
Your website is just fantastic. I m juss a newbie to css stuff. But i enjoy practising demos.I actually combined simplified menu with three sublevels & tried using transparent looks for the sub menus. . Also, i dont use your way of having the styling code in the style tag. Since i m just a beginner i wrie the styling code in a seprate .css file n then load it with. Its nt working with IE6. The complete look is ruined. I still wanna retain the looks for IE. What can be the prb.
(11.08.2006, 06:38)

Kelly:-
So here is my question for you. I�d like to have the drop-down menu I created, drop from (pull-down?? Link from??) the graphics that look like buttons, which are on the image map I created. I played around with combining the two together�I got as far as them both working on the same page, independently. I have not been able to figure out how to put them together. What would you recommend?

Mahalo for all you assistance with a newbie to CSS2!=)

Kelly
(06.09.2006, 08:04)

Robert:-
I had had an amazaing discouraging time (the details of which are not important here).

I just wanted to let you know that visiting your web site was the most uplifting experience that I have had in a long time.

It's really renewed my faith in the world.
(29.09.2006, 00:55)