s7u COMMENTS

Angharad, have a go at implementing the gallery and if you bump into any problems I may be able to help find the answers.
(04.07.2006, 20:08)

Sil:-
Hi!

First of all, this site is really great and your menus are awesome :) So good job!

I was wondering if you could help me with this question. I wanted to take one of your menus, where the buttons are aligned horizontal. Now the thing is, I need to make those links without a boarder. Whenever I changed

.menu ul li a:hover ul li a
{.... border: 1px solid ; }

to 0 px, the menu wouldnt work right anymore. The same was with the background, when i took it out, the menu wouldnt work right anymore. I had a solution for that problem though (background pic that doesnt exist), How can I get rid of that border ? Im only using the Internet Explorer version of the menu (I hate the IE but my company uses it :/ )

thanks for any help! If you want to contact me via mail --> sil@manderinli.ch
(05.07.2006, 09:13)

Internet Explorer requires that the :hover state changes something in order to work. This can be
# direction: ltr;
# text-align: left;
# text-indent: 0;
# vertical-align: baseline;
# white-space: normal;
# overflow: visible;
# visibility: inherit;

So just select the one that works.
(05.07.2006, 10:21)

Kev:-
Fantastic site, it's been a really useful resource for me. Regarding your static header tables, is there anyway to do a similar thing with a static left hand column so when you scroll horizontally it is almost on the left.

I can do this in JavaScript but so far am not having joy with CSS. Just wondered if you knew if it was possible, if not I can stop wasting my time!
(05.07.2006, 16:40)

Kev, this can be done but requires two tables. One for the fixed left hand column, and the other in a horizontal scrolling div.
(05.07.2006, 19:03)

rey:-
Hi Stu!

First of all - thank you for awesome resource!
Have troubles with tableless photogallery. Just few thumbnails in row/cols at fixed div width.
<div id="ph">
<a class="gl ph01"><span>[1], </span></a>
etc.
</div>
#ph {width:700px}
a.gl {display:inline-block; float:left; margin:6px; width:128px; height:92px}
#ph a.ph01 {background:url(...)}

It works on IE6, Opera8, Mozilla. But on IE5 interesting effect. If mouseover thumbnails (exept first one) - block with images go down. Each time down and you can't click on it ;) In your "click gallery" the same effect for thumbnails at left/right. With top/bottom all is ok.
(06.07.2006, 09:57)

rey:-
Sure if necessary - can post URL with example here.
(06.07.2006, 10:01)

rey, not sure which photo gallery you are using, but none of them will work in IE5.1
Most will work in IE5.5 and all in IE6+
(06.07.2006, 10:36)

rey:-
Ok. URL is egypt.ebeling.ee.
Problem both on your and my site I see on IE5.0/Win98. sure it's not modern configuration... If i remove floating all is ok in IE5/6, but "table2 breacks in Mozilla
(06.07.2006, 10:53)

rey:-
Oh... found solution for myself: put .clearer after each row. Sorry for trouble :)
(06.07.2006, 11:19)