s7u COMMENTS

Charles Joseph:-

What an incredible site. So many ideas to play with! I'm trying to get a version of your photo gallery to work, but IE6 keeps crashing! Would appreciate any inputs to fix:

www.lisajoseph.com/pre/gallery2.shtml#nogo

Thanks,
Charles Joseph
(02.07.2006, 19:00)

Charlie:-
Hey, you probably get this alot, but I was wondering if you could help me with a layout I have been trying to make?
(02.07.2006, 19:43)

Charles Joseph, your problem is with the #container style. The styling of this encompasses the #container_right style and is causing problems with the link styling within the gallery.
If you delete the #container style then the gallery will work correctly.
(02.07.2006, 20:49)

Charlie, I would love to, but I have no free time to offer this sort of help, sorry.
(02.07.2006, 20:50)

Charlie:-
No Problem, I think I've found a hack.

Damn IE! Causes too much trouble with it's lack of support for .png's
(03.07.2006, 12:36)

Aaron:-

Your work really has inspired a lot of what I do, but currently I'm trying to use CSS hovers to change properties of a Parent Element. I'm told the only way to achieve this is using JavaScript. Do you have any ideas? You seem the best resource for advanced CSS techniques!
(03.07.2006, 16:27)

Roy:-
Aaron, you don't need Javascript for to change properties of a parent element. If you have this code:
<p>Text <span>text</span> text</p>, then p is the parent of span. But I think you actuelly meant this:

<p>Red text</p>
<p>Just normal text</p>

And then in the CSS:

p:first-child {
color: #f00;
}

Also, for this, you don't need Javascript. BUT if you want to make it work in Internet Explorer, you do need Javascript (IE doesn't support this).
(03.07.2006, 16:47)

Aaron, if you mean:
<div id="parent">
<a class="child" href="foo.html">Hover this to change #parent</a>
</div>

Then using a:hover to change #parent then no it is not possible with css.
(03.07.2006, 17:15)

merope:-
hi Stu,

your work is awesome.. thank you for sharing it, it helped me to much, i owe you a boon i think !!
thanksss thousand times!!!
(04.07.2006, 10:04)

Angharad:-
hi

i'm so impressed by your stuff! i'm a newcomer to css having taught myself so i could design the website for the charity that i am chair of (www.sussexautisticsociety.org).

i would really like to produce a photo gallery so we can show off our pictures of the kids having fun but i'm baffled as to how to make the code work with my existing css style sheet so the overall look is the same.

i would be really happy for you to use any of my photographs from flickr (my username is jokerthelurcher - in case you want to see whether they would be any use) in your stuff in return for a bit of help!
(04.07.2006, 19:11)