semi-fixed footer COMMENTS

The validator is not up to the latest css version and as such cannot validate this:
@media all and (min-width:0px) {
head~body {height:100%;}
}
(08.02.2009, 12:20)

Charles:-
Thank you! You saved me a lot of time. You should put a paypal donate link on this site!
(13.02.2009, 03:28)

Charles, there is a Paypal button on every page, including this page just above where you entered your comment :)
(13.02.2009, 08:34)

Rick:-
Thanks for the great layouts - real timesavers!
(20.05.2009, 09:24)

Kat Brown:-
Thanks for the example, this is a layout I've wrestled with in the past and I failed to get it working without resorting to javascript!
I would like to second the request for some comments in the css code. I'd like to think I'm reasonably familiar with css but there are a few lines in this example that I couldn't follow.
(09.07.2009, 18:06)

ChezProvence:-
Thanks Stu
I had this working on a site, but the SPRY Widget Verticle tabs (from Dreamweaver) broke it in IE6 - footer would stay at fixed top even though page got longer. I was able to "fix" it by adding self.resizeBy(1,0) in OnTabClick of the SPRY java, which adds a pixel to the window, at which point the CSS puts the footer back to the bottom.

Is there a CSS way?
(28.11.2009, 15:16)

Gary:-
i love the idea of using this layout with rapidweaver, however some pages within the rapidweaver generated content break the layout. the main content div does not hold the content properly as if there is a missing clearer div. i have tried every thing i can think of to no avail as yet.
(04.01.2010, 04:21)

Jan:-
It lookes very nice and useful. Can you send me the Code and the CSS File? I would be more than pleased to have it.

janisenring@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot.
Greetings
(03.03.2010, 08:46)

Dan:-
Excellent. Didn't know this was possible with only CSS.

I've found that if you don't need to support old IE versions you can achieve the same effect more easily. All you really need is a 100% min-height on the wrapper element (apart from the absolute positioning, of course).

You can even have the wrapper horizontally centred with a fixed with, if you also set left + right to 0, and add margin:0 auto. In modern browsers, that is. :)
(03.05.2010, 11:03)

Robert:-
Love the layout. Having problems with internal links as they point to content below the "window" and so are blocked by overflow hidden. Any ideas? Thanks
(19.09.2010, 19:37)