sliding gallery COMMENTS

Avril Bayer:-
Hi again, Stu!

I did try replacing the gallery background image with another, but the image was sliced and came up in two pieces. Floating it to the right helped, though, and it is also easier to slide the pointer from left to right (if you're right-handed). Haven't tried an un-linked image as yet. Going to play with them some more. Thanks again!
(11.01.2006, 06:18)

Stu Nichols:-
Hi Stu!

I'm named Stu Nichols as well ;)
I just did a search on my name and ran across you,
LOL, take care,
Stu
(28.01.2006, 05:26)

Hi Stu, only one 'l' though?
I am quite proud that a Google search on 'Stu' gives me a third place listing.
(28.01.2006, 08:50)

Tim Seaward:-
Hello Stu,
Your MkII sliding Gallery is just what I have been looking for. I really appreciate the fact that you put all this work on-line.

I am another CSS novice, and I am trying to change the way your gallery works. What I am trying to do is rather than clicking the thumbnail to view a larger shot, what I want to do is for the visitor to click on the thumbnail which will then take them onto another page with the larger image. Unfortunately I cannot seem to "crack the code". I am confident that it is not very difficult but I am struggling to get it right. Can you help me?

Here's hoping I may be one of the lucky ones.
But if not then thank anyway for this site.

Regards
Tim Seaward
(11.05.2006, 18:16)

Tim, all you need to do is change the #nogo to the link page and remove all the styling to do with the span, :hove and :active
(11.05.2006, 19:08)

Toni Lynne:-
Hi Stu, your photo slide show looks great!! I am having a problem getting it to work properly, how did you make the background image "win_back.gif" I think that is part of my problem. Also, what is the linked "nogo"? I am new to some of this, I make pages and have my certifications in CSS and HTML... so I just need to know the actions more so of the different things you have set up... please don't think I'm stupid!! I really appreciate your help!!
(16.07.2006, 04:54)

Toni, win_back.gif was made using a paint package called 'Fireworks' but any one would do.
The link #nogo is used because a normal link would take your visitor to another page if they clicked an image. As long as you don't have a page jump called #nogo a click on an image will do nothing.
(16.07.2006, 09:17)

Boris:-
I've tested in IE5, and all are working, except the one for IE...
(29.07.2006, 12:19)

Melissa:-
hey, I was just wondering if I could possibly make the horizontal photo gallery into my top 8 on myspace? If so, how would I accomplish that?
(12.09.2006, 04:42)

Peter:-
Firstly, fantastic work you deserve much praise. The sliding gallery, does it meet accessibility standards? It certainly works for the almighty search engine!

Hope you don't mind me asking but it was just a concern, I not sure at all, it may well be fine.
Best wishes,