sliding page COMMENTS

Oleastre:-
Verry nice idea, but... I think a fixed layout(like your fixed layout 1) will be more suitable to such a menu. This will avoid the jump effect when your page is displayed in a small browser window. Just a suggestion :)
(06.07.2005, 06:59)

Oleastre, this is just experimental at the moment and may not have a useful purpose. However it may lead to other thoughts and ideas, that's why it has been published.
(06.07.2005, 08:13)

Bollosmittarius:-
Very, very, nice and soon usable for navigation (?) but why jumps the hole screen to the top of the navigation? I'm using I.E.6.0.
(06.07.2005, 11:48)

Bollosmittarius, all browsers try to move anchor tags to the top of the screen (even if they are contained in a div) It would be nice if they only moved the anchor to the top of the containing div. This idea would then work wherever it is placed on the page.
(06.07.2005, 12:30)

Richard V:-
No joy in Safari 1.3
(08.07.2005, 13:31)

Richard V, it probably would work in Safari (and Mac IE5) but I am unable to test on this platform. All it uses is anchor tags and overflow:hidden;
(09.07.2005, 19:18)

Anonym:-
Intriguing menu. Question: Do all of the images load into the page? If so, wouldn't we have a download issue?
(11.07.2005, 15:05)

Anonym, did you notice a download problem? But yes they all load into the page.
(12.07.2005, 09:34)

FF v1.5 Beta 1 has fixed the scroll bug.
(03.10.2005, 13:04)

John Stap:-
What a beautifull setup. I'm going to use it for my wife's website: she is a painter and has a lot of painting to offer...

I changed the colors and also the #info CSS code to incorporate a background picture. This works in Netscape and firefox but IE 6 substitutes this picture for a grey background.

This single slide-page with all the code is an instruction book as far as I'm concerned.

One more thing: I try to use as much as possible the NVU editor and really, for this particular page that works very well. When I go back to Golive I have a very difficult layout screen....
(14.10.2005, 15:35)