two tone headings COMMENTS

mrruben5:-
Very nice using of content property and fixed height/overflow:hidden and absolute positioning in a relative box :P
(12.12.2005, 12:38)

dexus:-
-moz-user-select:none;
will fix john's problem...
(13.12.2005, 21:51)

John:-
dexus - awesome fix! I knew mozilla had a lot of their own css2/3 codes but I never came across that one before. works like a charm

Stu, I prolly will update sooner or later.. I've just been being lazy lately ;o
(16.12.2005, 10:52)

nick may:-
Mac Safari Version 2.0.2 (416.13) (the latest, on Tiger 10.4.3) works fine and displays the same as Firefox 1.5 (Actually, the DeerPark special compile for g4 macs, but it is the same engine)
(18.12.2005, 14:09)

webecho:-
Hi Stu
I have a version of this I'd like you to have a look at if you have time

3D Headings

[url]http://www.webechodesigns.com/articles/css/heading-experiment.htm[/url]

It's not perfect hence the cry for help

It works in both Mozilla / Firefox and IE

Let me know what you think
(26.01.2006, 03:27)

webecho, it would be better if you had the repeated text in the same heading.
<h1>SHADOW TEXT<em>SHADOW TEXT</em></h1> this way you could give the h1 style a position:relative; and the h1 em style a position:absolute to place it on top of the previous text. This way you only have the normal h1 margins (and it is easier to style).
But I think someone has already done this ;o)
(27.01.2006, 20:22)

Andrei:-
No this is odd, in IE7B2 I only see the top half of the heading. The bottom half is cut out.
(08.02.2006, 21:24)

DeadMeatGF:-
If you drag over and select the text in IE7, you can see that the line's where it should be ... but as for the text, where's the bottom half?!?
(20.03.2006, 12:16)

brandon:-
actually, IE6 shows this as a solid colored text, no split, and IE 7 only shows the upper split in color.
(23.01.2007, 20:36)

brandon, this is in the mozilla section so will not work in IE. I state in the information that IE will only see monotone text. This demo was done pre IE7 so I have now incorporated this browser into the stylesheet.
(23.01.2007, 21:47)