ultimate dropdown menu COMMENTS

Jon:-
Hey, last week the menu worked perfectly in IE6, but I came here today and its broken...and not just here, on my site too. Any idea why it would break on multiple sites in IE6?? Thanks
(11.08.2008, 16:34)

Jon, could it be that your IE6 has changed? This still works perfectly in IE6. If you are using a standalone version of IE6 on the same PC as IE7 then this is very buggy and IE6 will think that it is IE7 when it sees conditional comments.
(11.08.2008, 16:40)

Jon:-
actually yes...I forgot I had installed the IE8 beta, so I checked the menu in IE6 on another machine and it looks great! Thanks again
(11.08.2008, 17:47)

Robert:-
First of all, splendid menu!
My question; is it possible to add another level to the menu? And if yes how could I code this?
(25.08.2008, 14:33)

Simon:-
Great Menu, found an unusual bug. In the line for ".menu a:hover, .menu ul ul a:hover", the background property causes the drop down menu to .. well, not drop down if using "background:#fff;" on IE6. For any other colour variation - ie, #aaa, #abc, #a4b2c9, etc it's fine, including #ffffff. It's only this property in this line, never come across anything like it before. Any suggestions?
(26.08.2008, 03:14)

Simon, this is a well documented bug but it is not because you have a white background. If you read my tutorial www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/hovercraft.html (section 4) you will find the answers.
(26.08.2008, 07:39)

Darren:-
This doesn't work in IE8 beta2. The mark II version does seem to work.
(28.08.2008, 05:28)

Blaz:-
Hi Stu!
I'm trying to implement this menu, but instead of showing it on hover, show it on click.
I tried using :active and it works, but you have to hold the mouse button down. Adding :focus brakes it completely. Any pointers would be appreciated.
(29.10.2008, 11:14)

Blaz, it is not possible to use mouse clicks for this menu. The first click using :active and :focus will open the dropdown but the second click will only serve to cancel the first click and the menu will close.
(29.10.2008, 11:19)

Lloyd:-
I've tried adding this menu (the MkIII) to a page on my site, but it is not working. In I.E. the formatting is all thrown out and nothing drops down. In Firefox the menu looks right, but when you hover over one word, the menu drops down and all the hover/click second level boxes appear at once on top of each other, even if you don't hover or click on the appropriate spot. This is the third drop-down menu I have got from the net, and all three have been similar. I must be doing something very wrong. I took the .css files (dropdown.css and dropdown_ie.css) from the MkII version, because I couldn't find any MkIII versions.

Also, is there any way to make the menu appear centred on the page? At the moment it appears on the left. Simply adding <center></center> doesn't seem to work for some reason.
(28.12.2008, 17:33)