ultimate imap COMMENTS

Dylan:-
Nothing seems to happen for me. I'm on Firefox 1.5.0.1, Windows XP.
(03.03.2006, 23:54)

Dylan, I am using FF v1.5.0.1 Windows XP and it works fine. Also works with IE and Opera.
(04.03.2006, 00:10)

Dylan:-
Hmmm, I've tried it with Opera 9 and it works perfectly. I don't know what the issue with Firefox for me could be, I've even tried it in Firefox Safe Mode to see if it could be a conflict with an extension, but it still doesn't work. Very strange. Anyway, very nice demo, if incredibly bloated and mostly useless :).
(04.03.2006, 18:06)

Dylan:-
Arrg, sorry to add another comment, but I've figured out the issue. I had this rule in my userContent.css: a{overflow: hidden}, to prevent the extended outline on negative text-indent image replaced links. Commenting out the rule fixes the problem.
(04.03.2006, 18:23)

Tim Callahan:-
Stu, this may be impractical, but not a complete waste of time. I mean this example will open the doors for other CSS developers and yourself to try something new.

My question is, what do you think this demo will lead to in your future work? Or what are the possibilities in using this method for other kinds of demos?

Just trying to see what you envision in the future with this method.

Only if I had the CSS ideas of a man like yourself. It seems no matter how impractical or inaccessible any of your examples are, they always achieve much influence & innovation.

As a visitor of CSS PlaY since year 1, it's amazing to see how much you've improved. Just to think how advanced you were in the beginning, and to see where you're at now is just blow-away.

Kind Regards,
Tim
(04.03.2006, 19:59)

Hi Tim, this demo is not entirely useless as I believe it may have a future in some type of image maps where the selection area is not rectangular, but also not as irregular as Huckleberry Hound :).
I'm glad you like my experiments and it doesn't seem like a couple of years ago that I did my first 'Snowman' using CSS. I still have a lot to learn though, I think I read somewhere about children and parents - I must find out what that's all about ;O)
(04.03.2006, 21:07)

Drew:-
Haha, Stu... I know what you mean about having never spent quite so much time on a project before -- I didn't even write my coordinates out the long way, I'm surprised your fingers didn't fall off :) ---- I've been making small steps in shaving document weight from my "NAIM" method, but I decided to add some on for fun: www.mnattorneyprofiles.com/?use=crazy (as opposed to the flat looking pastel blue from before) ---- I think what you and I have stumbled upon is a really GOOD method for image mapping, but is not at all graceful when it comes to maintenance. ---- Also: the MSIE css property "zoom" is interesting here - setting it to something other than 1 will cause both your method and mine to scale correctly in an Opera-ish fashion =) ---- Keep up the great work =D
(08.03.2006, 02:31)

Brydon:-
I'm using firefox 1.5.0.4 and it shows up really weird when i hover :P
(10.07.2006, 02:25)

Keep_it_up:-
Lovely jobly!.. no waste, it is a demo for borders' coordinates ortodoxs.
i wish a demo on regions-counties-towns tidy zooming using the tabbed navigation along the shading the part of the selected image..
Or placing the mouse in scotland displays all scotish counties' subtabs(image or text below/right the uk map) that when when you place the mouse again in one of them, displays you the towns for each countie, (ideally in a counties' town map)..

aah.. maps could have diferent coats.. one showing the political division, another one the rivers and mountains..etc..

oohh..
(09.09.2006, 13:04)

David:-
Fantastic image map & as with all the other demos another great example of CSS at it's best, but is there a way to make I.E. treat it as a link? For example - Firefox, Opera & Konqueror will all treat it as a link just by replacing the "#nogo" with a link, but not Internet Explorer, just refuses to go anywhere. I can't seem to find a way to make it work, I would be very grateful for any help.
(29.10.2007, 15:58)

ard:-
A huge effort and a very nice and helpful example as a result. For practical implementation of larger areas, I wonder if one could take giant strides by covering the largest patch by finding the largest box that fits in the area, then patch the surroundings with largest boxes that fit the remainder etc. until the whole figure has been filled, resembling quadtrees.
I could even imagine the use of one single transparent 1x1px gif that is sized to the needs of the particular patch.
Also 'empty' areas with no link (as in the white of the eye) can be made by putting a patch of area on top of a large patch that does have a link.
(05.01.2010, 14:16)