validating drop-down COMMENTS

Remove the text-align:center; from the .menu ul li a, .menu ul li a:visited styles.
(24.01.2009, 17:04)

sefat:-
howcome i didn't notice that rule?damn..!!
Its perfect now..thanz a lot..:)
(24.01.2009, 17:18)

Dave:-
in FF on MAC (I haven't looked in other browsers), why is it that when the link title shows the drop down disappears when you move the mouse again? Is this something that could be fixed without taking the titles off the links?
(26.07.2009, 14:01)

Ben:-
Shame the page doesn't validate... One of the links - there is no target attribute.
(22.03.2010, 08:23)

This is down to a third party link over which I have no control. The menu, however, does validate, although this one is very old and should not really be used as there are many more recent menus that are easier to implement.
(22.03.2010, 10:15)

Laura:-
Stu - thank you so much for this site. I created a test dropdown menu using your code and it works fine in Chrome but not in IE8, and that's even after I added the line about IE7 emulation as you suggested in your FAQs. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Here's the page:
LMA.com/dipoa/contact.htm
(26.05.2011, 03:11)

Laura:-
Stu - I did get my test menu to work in IE8 by just saving the source of your demo page and then editing it. But there is a HUGE gap between the menu and the body/content section (the editable portion of the DWT). How do I close that gap? LMA.com/dipoa/stu-test.htm

Thanks in advance for your help.
(26.05.2011, 03:36)

As stated on this demo page, this is a very old menu and as such uses methods that are not easy to modify, two stylesheets for instance and extra markup for IE6.
You should look at the latest dropdown menus as suggested on this demo page.
(26.05.2011, 08:11)

Laura:-
Thanks, Stu. Yes, I have looked at all your other demos. Can't find one that is just like this one unless I've overlooked it. I really like this old menu the best. It's clean and simple. And easy to read, unlike fancier ones with gradiant shading or translucence where you can see the page image or text behind them (makes the menu harder to read). This one's an oldy but goody, Stu! If you have a menu just like this that works reliably with IE8, I would love a link to it. Again, thanks so much. You are a very talented menu designer!
(26.05.2011, 13:49)

Laura:-
Let me rephrase something: You can obviously get it to work reliably in IE8. I just need to know what I'm doing wrong, or where I can find a "newer model" version of this same menu (or something very close to it). As always, your donation of time and willingness to educate are greatly appreciated.
(26.05.2011, 14:06)