validating drop-line COMMENTS

Gary Klingemann:-
Hi Stu, can this horizontal menu be adapted for a vertical flyout instead where the submenu also matches from top to bottom the same height as the main menu?
(13.10.2006, 20:45)

Gary, if you mean that the this would be an up-line menu instead of a drop-line menu then yes it is possible by just changing the top positions of the sublevels.
(13.10.2006, 21:37)

Mike:-
Hi Stu - This menu may work better for what I need it to do. What would I have to change to make the submenu persist (stay active/visible even on mouseout) unless a different menu item was clicked?

thanks,

Mike
(25.02.2007, 18:36)

Bob:-
Not sure why, but the third row doesn't show up in IE7.
(28.03.2007, 04:12)

Bob, should be ok now.
(28.03.2007, 12:44)

mastoll:-
I started with "A cross-browser drop-line cascading validating menu". Wanting only a single sub-level off of only one of the menu items, I cut out all the extra levels etc. I also want only text to show/change - no background. So I monkeyed around until the main and sub-items could appear separated vertically from each other but still be clickable. My problem is that there is mega flashing. It appears to be because the backgrounds on both the main item and the sub-item are not defined so as to be transparent AND because of the vertical space between them.

How can I keep the sub-items displayed so as to move the mouse onto the them, even when leaving the main item?
(08.10.2007, 03:56)

Mathias:-
Cool site! Dig it!
(10.10.2007, 17:25)

Tom:-
Hi, is there an easy way of adding yet another level of drop menu?
(15.03.2009, 02:29)

BHM:-
Very nice Stu!
Only one issue that is troubling:
1. Disappearing 2nd level links when a user delay's for a moment on hover.
Is there a brilliant fix?
THANK YOU very much for your superbly wonderful, magical efforts!!!
(25.04.2009, 00:12)

Mark:-
Exp Web 4 design view cannot work under menu which hangs over content below.
(08.08.2012, 02:42)