vertical slide COMMENTS

Raul:-
Hello, greetings from Chile, thank you very much by its Web. This menu has worked to me very well, but I need to add a category but to the menu, that has 3 levels, it can help me. I am beginning to learn css. Thank you very much
(07.07.2006, 00:42)

James Peter:-
Hi.. Greetings from Perú :)
This Web Site is cool, I like it. Congratulation and thanks for public it your works.
Esta Sitio web es genial, me gusta. Felicitaciones y gracis por publicar tus trabajos.
Bye ;).
(23.07.2006, 17:50)

Thomas:-
your method here is amazingly simple and brilliant, though i may be wrong, because i'm quite a CSS n00b!

i have a quick question though, and this may be an easy "no way" for you since, again, i dont really understand the css going on here, but, would there be a way to modify this so that the main category (in this case, say, "Products") is clickable (instead of it activating the sub menu when mouse-over) and is treated that way? i'd like to use this sort of thing for a project, but the submenu will have LOTS of links in it, and if somebody moves the mouse away, they'll have to mouseover the category and find the link they just picked, again...
(05.09.2006, 03:53)

Thomas, this would be nice if it were possible, but unfortunately it is not. With CSS as soon as you click a link (it has to be a link to use :active) then you cannot click another link. The second click will just lose the active state of the first link and the menu will close.
So you can only use multiple hovers with a final click to select the link.
(05.09.2006, 21:31)

Markus:-
this is a test: why do i get an error posting my message?
(23.09.2006, 01:35)

Markus:-
Hi Stu
compliment for your site!

Here my problem: I realized a site that contains a fixed Menu and has a content that repeats a block containing one or two columns. This site works decent, here a version: www.rcu.ch/fachstelle/aktuell14.html, but has the following bugs:
It does not print in Firefox.
I had to use Javascript for exchanging the pictures hoovering the textlinks.

I d be glad getting a answer
by - and all the best
Markus
(23.09.2006, 01:44)

Markus:-
Hi Stu
thanks for your spirit!!!
After I posted my message, it seemd I clamed down and had today the tranquillity to discover the problem and solve it with conditionals.
Nervertheless the Idea to exchange a fixed picture by hoovering over multiple textlinks would be a challenge I think. I wish you a good time.
Markus
(23.09.2006, 13:36)

Jan:-
Hi Stu
In IE7 moving cursor upwards from "home" through menu opens submenus on hover. But if moving from top, i.e. "products" towards "home" every item from "services" collapses the submenus and moves "services" (and the others in turn)out of hover necessitating hovering a second time over same item to expand submenus. Is there a way of correcting this in IE7?
(29.11.2006, 22:20)

Jan, the menu works as it should in IE7. moving from top to bottom opens up the sublevels. Move onto PRODUCTS will open its sublevel. Move through this sublevel to SERVICES will close the PRODUCTS sublevel and open the SERVICES sublevel, the mouse will be towards the bottom of the sublevel but it will stay open, and so on through the top levels.
(29.11.2006, 22:42)

Chris:-
On the "CSS only vertical sliding menu", could you please tell me why its not possible to activate the submenus onclick? Thanks, Chris.
(15.03.2007, 10:56)